Wednesday 18 November 2015

What I loved most about the IS250 - Voice Command

What I loved most about the IS250


For a junior-executive car, the tech-laden 2005-2012 IS250 had levels of equipment that even rivals one class up (like the BMW 5 series or Mercedes E class of its time) could not match. 

One of the things I loved about the IS250 was just how much the voice command could control. See that button with the human and a speech tones appearing out of his mouth? Oooh I loved that button so much!


Press that button, and the Lexus voice system will prompt you: "After the beep, please say a command."

Let's ignore her gorgeous voice for now, yeah? :-) 

At this point, the question doesn't become what can you control, but what can't you control? Lol.

DVD - check

Tuner - check

Navigation - of course

Switch on the aircon - now this I had't seen before! Like, wow! I could switch on the aircon just by using my voice? Hallelujah!

Raise or lower temperature - that too! "Lower temperature" or "raise temperature" moves the thermostat up or down by 2 degrees Celcius. That's just so cool.

And when you're done with that and just want a bit of silence in the car (something the IS delivers in spades by the way), you can turn off the entire sound system:

Switch off or on sound system - "Audio off" or "Audio on"

How could anyone not love what the Lexus does for you! Did I leave anything out from the list of voice commands?

Cheers! 

All Lexus

1 comment:

  1. I can vouch that All Lexus definitely adored the Voice Command. Everything from turning on the AC to lowering the volume was done using Voice Command. All Lexus is definitely a huge fan of Lexus it borders on obsession or perhaps it is.

    ReplyDelete