Monday 28 December 2015

Paul Walker on the Lexus LFA: 10 Quotes About his Love for the Lexus LFA

The late Fast & Furious star gushes over the Lexus LFA

Six months before his untimely passing, Paul Walker was invited to drive an extremely rare Lexus LFA around the Willow Springs Raceway in America. What made this particular Lexus LFA different was its mileage: 30,000 miles. That meant, this particular specimen had been driven, and driven hard. The star of the Fast & Furious franchise couldn't contain his admiration for the Lexus LFA and here, we filter the interview into 10 quotes that clearly shows he was mental about the Lexus supercar.


1. "I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to manipulate Lexus into like, let me borrow one for, like, two years."

2. "The car's pretty well set up but it's amazing the LFA - especially given that we're on street tyres - and lap after lap after lap, I don't see anybody checking tyre pressure or anything. It's pretty phenomenal."

3. "It feels really well balanced and well set up and (inspires) a lot of confidence."

4. "I usually kill traction control but in this car I feel I'm definitely faster with the traction control. The thing that I like about it is that traction control lets you know when you've crossed the line. You just get to the point when you're putting in input to correct it and it corrects it for you. And it's cool because I've never felt it like that."

5. "I like having that kind of exhilaration; I like having that feeling of 'I'm walking the line,' you know, getting it to that edge, and I definitely think it makes you faster."

6. "Yeah, I'd buy one. I'm like, 'how am I going to (get the money to) work this one out'?"

7. "It feels really refined. It's a fine balance between comfort and rawness. It's that street-legal track car you want, when you feel you're getting away with something on the street, like 'I shouldn't have this out here right now.'" 

8. "It has that feeling like, 'I could really get into a lot of trouble because it's fantastic' but at the same time I feel like you could almost daily drive it. It feels that comfortable."

9. "As hard as those (LFAs) have been beaten on, for close to 30,000 miles, with only just standard maintenance. Nothing's broken. There aren't that many cars you can say that about. I know damn well because I've seen it plenty times."

10. "They get driven hard, they get put to bed wet. These (LFAs) are holding up the way they are - it's pretty incredible" 

Watch the full interview here:


And this is the video of him driving the Lexus LFA:


Should the Lexus LFA be canonised as one of the all-time greats?

Cheers.

All Lexus


1 comment:

  1. Paul Walker RIP... he knew a fast car when he saw one

    ReplyDelete