Saturday 12 December 2015

What did I find this Sunday? Amazing Lexus app lets you experience the raw thrill of the Lexus RC-F in virtual reality!

Have I been living in a cave all this while to not know about this app earlier??

Guys!! There's a cool app I just found today. I was enjoying a quiet, relaxing Sunday morning, proud that I washed my car by hand when I thought I'd loaf back on the sofa and check out the App Store and see what I can find for Lexus.

What I found is like opening Pandora's box! There's so much in there but of them all, there's one shining glory. It's called the Lexus RCF Virtual Reality Drive. And I have to share this with you, my amazing All Lexus readers. Seriously, if you haven't already downloaded this app, your phone doesn't know the meaning of life yet!

I'll guide you through it step-by-step (oh baby, gonna get to you girl...)

1. Go to your app store and type: Lexus Virtual Drive




2. Install. Within a few minutes, you're ready to rock and roll.

Come on, you see that button, you want to press it right? Do that. It grrr-lows red and the Lexus RC-F V8 engine comes to life! Oooh yeah....



3. Agree to the Health & Safety checks 

... because, ya know, you might get injured (#facepalm)



...are we there yet?

4. Choose your drive

Whaddya want? Smooth drive or Aggressive drive? The choice is yours! (Is there such a thing as a smooth drive in an RC-F?). 



I picked Smooth because I'm a bit of a pussy. 


5. Choose how you want to experience the Virtual Reality



Standard just basically means you're using your phone's accelerometer to pan up, down, left, right, across, over viewpoints to get the best angle or the perspective you wish to see.

Headset requires you to have a Google Cardboard into which you slot your phone, to create this wraparound view which is more realistic. I'm a cheapskate and I don't have a Google Cardboard. But it looks like this:



This guy is in the midst of watching something from Victoria's Secret so be understanding of his I'm-gonna-suck-all-the-air-out-of-humanity gaping mouth.

6. Once you've chosen your VR mode of experience, your ride starts

There's a black Lexus Stig at the controls, you're riding shotgun, and he's off! 



Tilt your camera up, down, left, right, whichever way, your phone follows the perspective of your choice to bring you into the experience. I took some snapshots for you:



What you'll experience is that at any point, you can choose to look at whichever angle you want. Look ahead at the race track in front of you, turn back to see the competition you dusted, to the side to see which racer is neck-to-neck with you, look to your side to see the Black Stig keeping his cool under pressure - whatever angle you want, tilt your camera that way, and you're there!





...and you cross the line.

The winner does a victory donut, and yes, you can watch the driver burning rubber from every angle.



My opinion of it, is that it's so realistic and well executed. And well worth the 1 minute it takes to download and set up on your phone. This might just entice me to go out and get the Google Cardboard.

Cheers guys and enjoy your Sunday!

All Lexus







No comments:

Post a Comment